One of the best ways to make residual income is to rent your home in Columbia. However, the generation looking to rent single-family homes are younger millennials and generation Z who are now in their early to mid 20’s. These generations of tenants are looking for properties that are modern, spacious, and can be their safe haven to entertain and relax with friends and family. Homes that had owners for many years, or decades, are often in need of a lot of updates to increase the appeal. Luckily, we know just the top amenities renters are looking for in and around Columbia, SC.
Top Amenities for Rental Properties
- Outdoor Space- The weather is beautiful most of the year in the Midlands and renters are looking for space to entertain their friends and family both indoors and out. A patio or deck in the backyard, lots of space for a fire pit and chairs, and maybe even room for a swingset will help investors get top dollar for rent.
- Energy Efficient Appliances- The younger generations are more eco-conscious than ever and if the appliances are more than 20 years old you should consider upgrading them before you rent your home in Columbia. Energy efficiency isn’t just good for the environment, but it will help lower the utility bills for the tenants.
- Ample Parking- Off street parking can be hard to find depending on where you are renting in Columbia and the surrounding areas. However, a driveway and garage can increase the value of the property and land your home on the higher end of the market rate. Everyone wants off-street parking if they can get it!
- Smart Home Features- The more a millennial or genZer can control with their phone, the better for them. Smart Home features such as digital thermostats, automatic lights, and even shades that go up and down with the tap of the screen will impress tenants and future buyers.
- Lots of Storage- Minimalism is in, but not everyone wants to throw out every item that doesn’t bring them immediate joy. Millennials are especially into the streamlined look where they can keep most of their kitchen appliances, dishes, and food tucked away into pantries and cabinets. They also love large walk-in closets with built-in shelves and bookcases.
These top amenities will help your property stay occupied and turn a profit in Columbia and all around the Midlands. Most of these amenities are easy and fast to complete without breaking the bank!
If you need property management services in Columbia, call Scott Properties of the Midlands at 803-951-0702.