Investors who are looking for property management companies in Columbia SC are always looking for the company that will make them the largest return on their investment. Some investors will want to look for the lowest management fees, but they must always remember, you will get what you pay for. There are many property management options for investors, but there are ways to weed out the good vs the bad.
- What Is the Average Vacancy Rate? Ask the property management companies in Columbia SC you are interviewing what their vacancy rates are and the average time between renters on the average property.
- Are the Properties Comparable to Yours? You want to choose a property management company that has experience renting properties like yours. Do not choose a multi-family housing company to manage your single-family home.
- Ask About Vendors. Get a list of vendors that each of the property management companies in Columbia SC you are interested in work with so you can compare their reviews and reputations. Vendors such as maintenance crews, landscaping companies, and others will give you a snapshot of the quality of work that will be done to take care of your investment property.
- Compare Services. Property management companies will all offer different services and the pricing they offer will be based on those services. Make sure you are getting exactly what you need and want from a company before signing on the dotted line with one. You will want to work with a company that can meet all your expectations and keep your properties filled and well taken care of.
- Compare Reviews. Not only should you be checking out their vendors, but you also need to check out the reviews left on the property management company pages online as well. Do not forget to check Angie’s List, Google, social media, the company’s website, and Yelp.
There are a variety of property management companies in Columbia SC that work with many different types of investors. The best way to put your mind at ease when it comes to your rental properties is to hire the management company that fits you the best.
Give Scott Properties of the Midlands a call at 803-951-0702.